How Uniforms Help Build Your Brand
Your shop team’s outfits make a huge difference in the way customers think of your business and how your staff works. Uniforms serve as an extension of your brand image and speak volumes when it comes to the quality of your products, your people and your service. It’s important to display a consistent and professional image that reflects your brand at all times.
Consider these statistics:
- According to an independent survey, 75 percent of consumers prefer employees in uniform (J.D. Power and Associates, 2008)
- 97 percent of the public believes uniforms make your employees easier to recognize
- 70 percent of your customers think uniforms make your employees look neater and more professional
- 60 percent of your prospects feel that uniforms make your workers look better trained
(Survey conducted by Weintraub Associates, a national management consulting firm, 2008)
Here are ways your shop benefits from the use of uniforms:
- Employees in uniform offer a better company image
- Outfitting your employees in uniforms will provide your company with a competitive advantage
- Employees in uniform are perceived as more professional and better trained
- Uniforms create an equal working environment
- Uniforms can increase employee pride and morale, which increases productivity, customer satisfaction and profits
- Uniforms can improve the level of teamwork among employees
Wearing a uniform also benefits the employee:
- Your employees will enjoy projecting a more polished and professional image
- Employees feel more important, increasing morale
- Customers hold a higher perception of your people and your business
- Reliable, weekly service means employees will consistently look their professional best
Your shop’s employees are the faces of your brand, so you want them to always project the best possible image. Unlaundered uniforms left in the back of an employee’s car before his or her shift likely won’t project the best brand image. By partnering with a uniform provider, you can define an apparel program that matches the right type of fabric, style and service to your business and brand.
Cintas, an ASA member benefit provider, provided this article. For more information, visit the ASA Marketplace at ASA.bizunite.com. To log in to the ASA Marketplace, your email address serves as your username; and the password is “asa” (lowercase). Not a member? Feel free to use our guest log in (user: guest; pwd: asa).
Copyright ©2018 ASA National unless otherwise noted.
Expires: 11-30-18 • Cannot be combined with other offers