ASA COVID-19 Response: Keeping You Current
ASA COVID-19 Response: Keeping You Current
During these unprecedented times, we want to keep you informed about what ASA is doing to protect the interest of our member-shops as well as your employees and customers. We put some helpful resources together below so be sure to check them out. If we can serve you in any way during these challenging times, please email us or call (817) 514-2901. Stay safe!
ASA Seeks to Protect Small Businesses
ASA Washington, D.C. representative Bob Redding is working feverishly to help protect and get needed financial and other help for ASA member-shops. At one point recently, Bob was so busy that he was updating ASA affiliate leaders on the conference call, while at the same time monitoring fast-breaking legislation in the nation’s capital. And his efforts haven’t slowed since!
The Latest on ASA’s Efforts!
- ASA, other auto industry groups seek national approach for defining ‘Essential’ businesses
- U.S. Congressman joins ASA leaders for COVID-19 Media Briefing
- ASA’s Industry Best Practices: Auto Repair Shops & COVID-19
- COVID-19 Alert: Trump Administration updates, provides additional information on CARES Act
- IRS: Employee Retention Credit available for many businesses financially impacted by COVID-19
Past ASA Articles:
- President Trump signs $2 trillion Coronavirus Stimulus Package (CARES Act)
- Video: ASA Washington, D.C. rep provides update on Stimulus Package, impact on auto repairers
- ASA Update: White House, Senators Strike Deal on Massive Stimulus Package
- Video: ASA Washington, D.C. Representative Bob Redding Shares the Latest on Coronavirus-related Legislation
- Video (COVID-19): ASA Leader Shares Positives From a ‘Tough Week,’ Issues ‘Calls to Action’
- ASA Asks Members to Write Letters Favoring Tax Relief for Small Businesses
- ASA Podcast (COVID-19): Washington, D.C. Stimulus Packages Offer Help for Small Business
- ASA Advocates for Small Business Owners during Coronavirus Health Crisis
- ASA Signs on to Letter Calling for Disaster Relief for Small Business Employers
- ASA Signs on to Letter to NGA Urging Help for Small Businesses
- Define Yourself as an ‘Essential Business’ Like New Car Dealers are Advocating (TAKE ACTION, CLICK HERE)
- Let Your Local Governments Know the Same (TAKE ACTION, CLICK HERE)
- Update: Additional resources available for small businesses impacted by COVID-19
- COVID-19: SBA provides info on Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- SBA provides e-newsletter on resources for small businesses impacted by COVID-19
- (COVID-19) Economic impact payments: What you need to know
- UPDATE: U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency on critical infrastructure workers
- U.S. Senate Passes $2 Trillion Coronavirus Stimulus Package (CARES Act)
- Summaries & Q/A released on eve of U.S. House ‘Stimulus Package’ floor vote
- Released: ‘Bipartisan Small Business Summary Provisions’ of the new Coronavirus Stimulus Legislation
- Vic Tarasik: ‘What We Have Here is a Failure to Communicate’
- U.S. House Committee on Appropriations Releases House Economic Stimulus Legislation
- Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announces ‘Stay at Home’ order
- Updated: More states include auto repair as ‘Essential Businesses’
- Small businesses in all 50 states now eligible for ‘Economic Injury Disaster Loans’
- Updated: List of States Approved for SBA Disaster Relief
ASA Podcast: COVID-19!
ASA Podcast host Tony Molla interviewed ASA Washington, D.C. representative Bob Redding about the latest on the association’s efforts to aid shop owners and others as the financial crisis from the COVID-19 pandemic heightens.
To listen to the new ASA Podcast with Bob, click HERE.
To listen to the ASA Podcast Series, click HERE.
Important Information from the Small Business Administration!CLICK HERE for information from the Small Business Administration (SBA) regarding COVID-19 and disaster assistance.
Also, CLICK HERE for a recent news release from the SBA.
For the latest information affecting the independent automotive service and collision repair industries, keep informed:
- Download our ASA Member App – on iPhone and Android devices.
- Visit AutoInc.org, which is ASA’s online news website. Updated regularly, we provide you with the information you need to know to stay on top of this crisis.
Visit AutoInc.org to See Safety & Health Tips to Keep Your Facility Safe with COVID-19