Episode 11 – Cash 4 Clunkers 2.0
Lawmakers may soon be talking about a new Cash for Clunkers program being discussed in Washington, D.C. Listen in as Bob Redding, ASA’s Washington Representative discusses the genesis of an updated old idea and the potential impact on the automotive service community. It’s been tried before and fell short of its goal, but at least one lawmaker thinks it’s time for Cash for Clunkers 2.0. Find out what you need to know about:
· A short history of the last Cash for Clunkers program
· What the new program will try to achieve
· Who benefits the most and what it will cost taxpayers
· How the new proposal is different from what has been tried before
· The potential impact on independent repair shops
Click here to listen to other ASA Podcasts.