August 21, 2019 @ 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Presenter: Scott Brown, president, Diagnostic Network
Scott Brown will discuss the service challenges facilities face today, and how to be better equipped to address them. As the vehicle technology stack continues to grow at an exponential rate, we as professional service providers need to do everything to stay on top of service challenges and be ready for what’s to come. Attendees will learn:
• New knowledge about current technologies operating on vehicles today and what’s to come
• Case studies using modern tools and equipment that can help today’s technician increase his technical knowledge to service cars more efficiently
September 07, 2019 @ 08:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Walnut Creek Golf Course, 10555 Westmoor Dr
Broomfield, CO 80021 +Map It
Join us for our second annual ASA Colorado Golf Tournament. Foursomes and sponsorships still available. Contact Julie Massaro at 303-202-5231 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
September 12, 2019 @ 1:00 PM - 05:00 PM
Hilton Hotel, 200 Wilshire Drive
Troy, MI 48084 +Map It
What’s Now, What’s New & What’s Next
ASA is partnering with the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers to bring you the Technology and Telematics Forum. One comprehensive day designed to bring you face to face with the industry leaders and innovators who can help bring this topic home.
The Forum will address these questions by industry leaders, innovators and technology developers:
- What is at stake for repairers with these new technologies?
- What are current data access and cybersecurity solutions?
- How can I apply this info to my shop today?
September 14, 2019 @ 08:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Connie & Dick’s Service Center, Inc., 150 Olive St
Claremont, CA 91711 +Map It
What you will learn:
• Simple techniques you’ll be able to apply immediately in order to capture much clearer images, video, and digital content
• Photography/Videography theory and terminology
• How to quickly capture, annotate, organize and store data displayed from any PC based application including scan tools, scopes, and more
• Learn about cutting edge applications businesses leverage today to enhance and streamline internal communications
• New tools and techniques technicians can use for advanced diagnostics
Once you complete this session, you’ll be able to better leverage the power of your digital devices and communicate like a pro!CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
September 18, 2019 @ 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Presenter: Sunil Patel, CEO of Tekmetric
Protect your shop when it comes to technology and cybersecurity issues.
In this webinar, you will learn:
• Basics of a shop’s internet security, firewalls and how to protect your data
• Best practices involved in securing your network
• Differences between cloud-based versus locally-installed shop management systems and the pros and cons of each
• Most common security holes existing in repair shops today and what we can do about them
September 21, 2019 @ 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Holiday Inn Express – Hurst, TX, 820 Thousand Oaks Drive
Hurst, TX 76054 +Map It
Every shop owner starts the same way; excited about running a business and becoming his or her own boss. Why then do some succeed while so many fail? It’s simple, really. The truly successful repair shop owner embraces the “business” side of his shop. He understands that to achieve the dream he needs to focus on planning and execution – not activity. This champion learns “the numbers.” What to watch; what to measure; what to modify. This is what KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) are all about. They are simply tools that successful shop owners use to see where they are today compared to where they want to be; identify quickly whether things are getting better or worse; highlight areas that need improving before they become problems. This fast-paced course draws you into the shop owner’s journey as he makes his business healthy and more profitable using KPIs.
In the second part of the class, you should have YOUR numbers in front of you. We do a deeper dive into each KPI and compare your numbers to our benchmark metrics. We will review typical shop scenarios, see what factors affect each and learn what you can do to improve YOUR metrics. By the end of this class, you’ll be able to join those other champion shop owners on their journey as you make your business healthier and morae profitable with the use of KPIs.
At the end of this course, you will:
• Understand Key Performance Indicators and how to use them
• Be able to calculate and compare your KPIs to industry benchmarks
• Know specifically how to change those numbers to increase profits in your shop
Audience: Shop Owner, Manager
COST IS 150.00 ASA MEMBER SHOP.
200.00 NON ASA MEMBER SHOP
PER SHOP UP TO 4 PEOPLE
October 12, 2019 @ 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 240 Veterans Way
Warminster, PA 18974 +Map It
Automotive Training Center Technical & Management Training
This year’s training features some of the best National trainer s f or technicians, managers and shop owners such as John Thornton Eric Zeigler, Rick White Presenting this year’s Keynote is Scott Brown CEO of the Diagnostic Network. formerly of the iATN.
The industry leading repair shops attend to support companies like Bolt On Technologies Auto Shop Solutions Mitchell Shop Key. These industry leading providers and more have joined ASA Pa in previous Super Saturday events.
October 26, 2019 @ 08:00 AM - 04:30 PM
DoubleTree by Hilton Spokane City Center, 322 North Spokane Falls Court
Spokane, WA 99201 +Map It
Get inspired, get motivated and get informed. This is your chance to experience top industry-leading trainers speak. Great topics that are not only relevant to our industry and today’s economy, but inspirational too. So don’t miss out and sign up today – October 25-26, 2019
All Inclusive Package:
2 days of training
Friday lunch with keynote speaker
Friday night sponsor reception with complimentary hors d’oeuvres & no-host bar
Saturday lunch with keynote speaker
Visit our ATE East 2019 website to take a look at the schedule and get registered today!
November 09, 2019 @ 07:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Daytona International Speedway, 1801 w International Speedway Blvd
Daytona, Florida 33294 +Map It
Work Smart, Train Smarter
Technicians, Owners and Advisors, with over 9 classes to choose from , meals included, group dinner and the best vendors for your business needs, do not wait seating is going faster than the cars on the track!
ASA Florida & James Colton want to be your BFF (best fundraising friend)
We welcome Colton James, Country Music Artist, to kick off our Round Up program to benefit Veteran’s.
We will also have Dept of Labor there to kick off the Hire A Vet program for 2020, learn how
your shop can qualify for a grant for hiring veteran’s!
Please visit our website and Register Online today!
$199 member $249 non member
November 09, 2019 @ 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center – Lumar Meeting Room, 2 Tenth Street
Augusta, GA 30901 +Map It
Push Start Ignition Diagnostic Approach
This class delivers a thorough diagnostic approach for Push Start Ignition. We present 5 case studies of broken cars with each example building on the previous one.
Gain an understanding of how these systems work, the terminology that comes with them, and most importantly understand the scan data needed to diagnose them
• Lists of components and modules involved.
• Bus checks & DTC Interpretation
• No code & No ignition. What to do when you push the start button and nothing happens?
• See the sequence of what is happening electronically in the background
• Differentiate between no ignition and no crank
• Module testing procedures
• Electrical schematics to see how the systems work.
Case studies will include Ford, Dodge, Nissan, Toyota and VW diagnostic examples.
Gasoline Direct Injection Operation and Diagnostics
GDI vehicles are common in today’s service bays. This class will focus on the high-pressure fuel system. Using a case study format, the two primary areas which will be covered are the high-pressure fuel pump and the high-pressure fuel injectors.
A strong emphasis will be placed on scan data interpretation. Scope data will also be used to support scan tool data.
Discussion topics include the following:
Gasoline Direct Injection Overview – High Pressure Pump Operation
2009 Buick Enclave 3.6L HP Pump Diagnosis – 2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L HP Pump Diagnosis – 2012 VW CC 2.0L HP Pump Diagnosis & much more