- This event has passed.
ENDING PAYROLL CONFUSION ABOUT OVERTIME & BENEFITS for ALL Pay Plans – AFTERNOON SESSION
October 17 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
ATTENDEES WILL LEARN:
– Why does it matter whether my business does $500,000 or more annually for salaried employees? (Answer: It decides whether State or Federal Law applies – learn the difference at this session)
– Do I HAVE to pay them for sick days/personal time off?
– Does a Christmas Bonus or Year End bonus affect overtime pay?
– I pay my office manager a salary and they took an afternoon off – do I have to pay them in full?
– My tech only turned 27 hours this week on flat rate, but was there 40 hours – do I have to pay them 13 hours at minimum wage?
– We all agreed to have “comp time” – do I still have to pay overtime if they work over 40 hours one week?
– My estimator/service advisor is on a commission with a draw – do I have to pay them overtime too? Are there other risks to doing this?
– What if I don’t have a written policy?
All of these questions and more will be answered by an Outreach Trainer from the State of Michigan, Wage & Hour Division AND a trainer from the U.S. Federal, Wage & Hour Division