Push Start Ignition Diagnostic Approach
This class delivers a thorough diagnostic approach for Push Start Ignition. We present 5 case studies of broken cars with each example building on the previous one.
Gain an understanding of how these systems work, the terminology that comes with them, and most importantly understand the scan data needed to diagnose them
• Lists of components and modules involved.
• Bus checks & DTC Interpretation
• No code & No ignition. What to do when you push the start button and nothing happens?
• See the sequence of what is happening electronically in the background
• Differentiate between no ignition and no crank
• Module testing procedures
• Electrical schematics to see how the systems work.
Case studies will include Ford, Dodge, Nissan, Toyota and VW diagnostic examples.
Gasoline Direct Injection Operation and Diagnostics
GDI vehicles are common in today’s service bays. This class will focus on the high-pressure fuel system. Using a case study format, the two primary areas which will be covered are the high-pressure fuel pump and the high-pressure fuel injectors.
A strong emphasis will be placed on scan data interpretation. Scope data will also be used to support scan tool data.
Discussion topics include the following:
Gasoline Direct Injection Overview – High Pressure Pump Operation
2009 Buick Enclave 3.6L HP Pump Diagnosis – 2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L HP Pump Diagnosis – 2012 VW CC 2.0L HP Pump Diagnosis & much more
Event Organized By